Saturday, September 11, 2010

Devils Den

Before school started we decided to get out and see some nature around us. Rich found this place call "Devils Den" which is a man-made dam that was made to also be a beautiful waterfall. Well, the water was still too low (we will have to try back in the spring) so there was no waterfall; just a "lake" on the top. So we decided to go for a canoe ride. I still cannot tell this story without chuckling to myself...and this just proves how awesome parents we are! :-) Okay, so we put the kids in the canoe first (our first mistake). They were both crying and screaming because it was rocking and they were terrified that they would fall in the water. Then I tried to get in (mind you I am 8 months pregnant at the time). I step in and realize that as the canoe slightly moves away from me that I cannot stretch that far; I am in pain and cannot get back onto the dock (meanwhile, both kids are both still in the canoe screaming) and I also cannot stop laughing! (I know, I am an awesome mom!) So then Rich finally helps me back onto the dock where we decide that I am going to have crawl in...someone really should have been videotaping this. So we all finally get settled into the canoe and things start to calm down, but it took Ryan quite a while to stop crying. This is him sitting me....
Sam was actually the brave one here and she loved it...Ryan was nervous the whole time which was really shocking to us.

But then we went swimming and Ryan was back to his old self. He loves the water!



All-in-all, it was a good day. I love it when I get to spend the whole day with my family.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Rats, I wish you had video of your "launching." lol Sounds like a fun day after all, though.

DK Johnston said...

That's funny. I love moments like that! Looks like you are having lots of fun. My kids love looking at your blog...they miss you.

P.S. when are you coming back?:)