Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day

This Mothers Day we had a fun surprise to have Grandma Burnett drive up to see us. Rich and I like to think that she came to us, but in all reality...it was for Samantha. Samantha performed for the first time today at church and we are so proud of her. She practiced so much and was so excited to sing for everyone. The song is called "Mother Tell Me a Story" and it is a duet with a mother. It was very fun to sing with my little girl and now I am very excited for the years to come to do fun musical things together. We had a lot of fun!
















Out in our back yard taking some pictures and then...a squirrel!














Sam also gave her first talk in primary today....it was a big day for her!! She did fantastic on that too! We are so proud of her and I can't believe how grown up she is!!

















This is video does not do Samantha's performance justice. She was flawless at church and it was beautiful! She definitely outsang me, which I am grateful for. We don't have a piano at home so we just did this video with the Primary CD...but it gives you an idea of what it was like at church today!

9 comments:

Kristine said...

I didn't get a chance to tell you at church, but you two sang beautifully! Great job today Sam!

Monica and Stephen said...

You both did a beautiful job. What a fun experience to sing and share that talent with your daughter. Happy Mothers Day Jackie. Hope it was good.

sewdelightful said...

That was beautiful!!!! Great job you two! We miss you guys!

Leslie said...

Oh, you two made me cry! It's a really good thing I wasn't actually there at your ward to see you. I would have been a blubbering mess, which would have probably made you a blubbering mss too. Excellent job, Sammy! Happy Mother's Day to you Jack. Glad to see you had a good day. Love you and miss you!

C said...

Loved that.

JB and Kids said...

I was so impressed with you and Sam! Her talk in primary was perfect. You should be so proud! What is your secret?

the longmores said...

That was sooo sweet! You guys sounded beautiful. We miss you guys.

Killer kar said...

This is so good. I am so impressed with how well she can sing. She is growing so much and hope you are doing well. Thanks for sharing.

Kristin said...

The duet was so sweet and perfect. I had almost forgot what a beautiful voice you have Jack and I love that Sam is following in your footsteps. She's a lucky girl to have such a great Momma.