Friday, April 3, 2009

Our Utah trip

For Spring Break we took a trip to Utah to visit family and so that Rich could work on his Thesis. We had a great time in the sun while it was sunny and in the snow while it was snowy. We decided to leave on Wednesday, as soon as Rich got out of class. This is what happens when I am left to pack everything up...and our kids get a little neglected....











Doesn't he just look so happy and proud of himself?!?

Since we decided to leave in the middle of the day, we planned on stopping somewhere along the way since it is a 13 hour car ride. However, the kids were doing so well and we both felt okay that we just kept on driving. Why is it that when you plan on kids sleeping through the night, they never do? But they were actually happy so it worked out just fine...just a little strange to go into a gas station at 3 am with two kids who were wired and as happy as can be...I'm sure we looked like EXCELLENT parents!! But we pulled into my parents house at 5:30 and had a great stay.

We could not have planned this trip any better because we were able to go to the dedication of the Draper, Utah temple. What a wonderful experience that was. The ceremony was beautiful and we were just around the corner from where the Prophet was. I felt so blessed to be there and that I could be there not only with my wonderful husband, but with my parents as well. It was perfect.

We were able to go the zoo with cousins, I scrapbooked with my sisters for almost 3 days straight (thanks girls! That was awesome!! By the way...do you have any idea what our kids were doing during that?!? I don't!), I got to see my old roommates, we had lunch with a couple of my high school friends, and Rich did get a lot of work done! My favorite quote of the week however was said by my wonderful husband, "What are the odds that we are here during the scrapbooking expo?!?!" Like I said, we could not have planned this trip any more perfectly! Here are just a few pictures of the week.


Sam and Aubrey had a great time together!








My brother Steve and his son Miles












Apparently, Ryan told Papa that he was hungry, and this is what he got...an entire brat! Nice dad! Thanks!













This is actually a waterfall that we stopped at on the drive home...we had to hike over the snow a little bit, but it was beautiful! Rich and I actually visited this same waterfall while we were engaged...it is amazing how things can change in 5 1/2 years! But it has been a fanastic 5 1/2 years!








6 comments:

corine said...

What a wonderful trip! We're thinking about going to nevada to visit family and are questioning whether it's a good idea to drive that length with a little one. But maybe we'll get lucky like you guys! I'd love tp plan a trip to Utah (I've still never been, can you believe that!) I'd like to see General Conference in person. It's so nice to see you so happy with your cute family!

syrant said...

We sure loved having you here. What fun! I know what the kids were doing while you scrapbooked--having lots of fun with their cousins. Can't get better than that. Love, Mom

Jen said...

I am glad you were able to come out too. It was so fun seeing you guys and the dinner at your parent's house was delicious! Hope you guys can visit again soon! Love you.

Radke said...

Looks like you guys had a great trip. It is so nice to be able to visit family.

Ari Anna Johnson said...

Looks like a fun trip! My favorite is that your dad gave him a very messy something to eat.

Alison said...

You guys were here and you didn't tell us?! Just kidding. Looks like you had a good trip.