Monday, March 9, 2009

Is this a good idea or a bad idea?

Okay, so Rich and I were watching the news last night and apparently over on the Florence beach, a dead whale has washed up and authorities are not sure how to handle the situation. And apparently this hasn't happened since the 70's, when things did not turn out so well. The best part about the news cast we watched last night was the commentator...he was so monotone and matter-of-fact. "In 1970 another whale washed upon the florence beach and they decided to blow it up..." Rich and I could not stop laughing!!!!! Now, this may be disturbing to some and if you are at all nervous about seeing and 8 ton whale blown up, do not watch this clip. How in the world they thought that this was a good idea is way beyond me, but we went to bed laughing so hard last night that I had to share it! This is the video of the 1970 newscast...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFwxH3PPWiU

...I think it is mostly hilarious that these people were there watching and it never occured to them that they might get covered in whale flubber...I hope that the state of Oregon is a little smarter this time around and can think of another solution to this problem.

I apologize if this grossed anyone out, or now think that I am weird for finding this hilarious!

9 comments:

Margaret said...

That was hilarious!

We read about that in the paper this morning. But the video is even funnier.

Even funnier to me is that there was still a WHOLE lot of whale left after that blast.

Margaret said...

The video was removed. We discovered that when I went to show it to Greg tonight.

But I did find it at this link http://salem-news.com/articles/march082009/dead_whale_3-8-09.php
FYI.

Lisa said...

My favorite part of this is picturing Rich cracking up. That is one of my favorite things in the world, besides getting plastered with whale guts, of course.

JB and Kids said...

We were laughing about this too! So funny. Thank you for sharing.

Kristin said...

I didn't watch the video yet...I'm still not sure I want to but I wish I could have seen Rich laughing his head off. I don't know why but that always makes me laugh too.

hey so what day will you be arriving in UT? We will be in Salt Lake this weekend. It is for a wedding so we will be kinda busy but still if you are around maybe we could work it out!! Let me know. Love ya.

the longmores said...

Jackie that was hilarious. I love all of your disclaimers at the end of you post! Love the new family picture. You guys look great.

Leslie said...

Yeah, that was a good one, Jack! I love the new family picture! You guys all look great. Very cute family. Hope you guys have a fun time in Utah! Wish could be there while you're there. Love you!

Radke said...

I had my husband watch it with me and we both busted up laughing. It was so funny. I can't believe no one thought about all the falling debris.

DK Johnston said...

I emailed you that stuff. If you don't get it...let me know!