Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Cow Paddy Run

I decided it would be fun to do a run with the kids. I didn't know how far the could run, so we started small with the mile fun run. My vision for the run was to stay with both Sam and Ryan, and have to walk a lot of the way. This isn't exactly what happened. Here we are at the starting line, RIGHT up front. The kids were so excited. Ryan was so excited to run the race that as soon as we parked the car in the parking lot, he got out and took off, because he had to "win the race". (if you click on it you can see it a little better)



Spencer and Daddy hung out during the race


My plan was just to stay with the kids and let them go as fast as the wanted/could. Well, as soon as the horn blew, Sam TOOK OFF! She was determined to win the race as well. I tried my best to tell her that there will be people in the race faster than us, but she still had it in her head that she was going to win. There was NO way she was going to stay with Ryan and I and go that slow. So I just let her run as fast as she could, and I only saw her walk once, and it was only for a couple steps. She ran the whole mile and was FAST!




Here she is about to cross the finish line...she totally beat that guy!


Her time was 10 min. and 13 seconds! That is PRETTY DARN GOOD for a 6 year old, esp. one who has never run a mile before! She was so proud of herself and excited that she did so well!


Ryan is more of a sprinter. He would run as fast as he could for a little while, then we would walk. Then sprint again, and walk, and so forth. But you could tell he was having a blast! Ryan and I's time was 13 min. and 8 seconds. That isn't too bad either! It was so fun for me to do this with my kids instead of just sitting on the sidelines. We all had a great time and will always remember it.


I am SO proud of my kiddos!! I love them so much and hope we can do many more races together in the future.

3 comments:

sewdelightful said...

Way to go you guys! That is awesome!

Ashley said...

Jackie, you are an amazing mom. That is so cool!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet story, and you are an amazing mom!