Sunday, September 13, 2009

Spencers Butte

The other day Rich as able to spend the day with us. We decided to go on a little hike up Spencers Butte. It was beautiful scenery, gorgeous views, but most of all it was fun to spend time with family!






Show us your muscles Ryan!! ( I love that sounds effects always come with this pose!)


I had no idea my kids could get so dirty just hiking up a hill. But she still is pretty darn cute!





Sam has a very competitive nature (like her father) and was determined to make it to the top first, and not only to the top, but the highest rock. She was very proud of herself and her daddy that they did it together as a team! Way to go Sam!



With some recent events with some of family friends, I have really come to realize the important things in life...family. My family is my greatest blessing and I am really trying to cherish the time we spend together, whether it be hiking a great hill, or sitting on the couch reading a book. Ryan and Samantha are two incredible kids and I am honored to be their mother. Everyday they teach me something new and make me laugh. I also have a great husband who loves me and honors me. Any time spend together as a family is cherished and I had a great time this day!


Ryan just kept saying this over and over again, so had to get it on video. When he was taking a break from saying this while hiking, he would be making sword fighting sounds and actions along with them...making his own theme music! He really cracks me up!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We love this hike- our kids got really dirty too.

syrant said...

Oh what fun! Good to see Sam dirty and not upset about it. Wish we could have climbed the "hard hill" too. (I probably would have said it along with Ryan)

Leslie said...

What a fun hike! Jack you look like you've lost some weight in that pic of you with Sam and Ryan. Cute haircut, too!